PM12 is a 12V power supply that provides +/-12Vdc for low-voltage opamp circuitry and switching circuits.
- Very low noise
- Universal fusing for world-wide mains compatibility
- Semi-toroidal transformer for low-EMI
- Long-life 10,000-hour caps
- Metal-film resistors
- PM12-6 is regulated +/-12Vdc at 175mA; PM12-12 is regulated +/-12Vdc at 350mA
- Ground-link-isolator built in to avoid ground loops
- Available as a DIY kit or pre-assembled
- Compact size: 4″ x 2.5″ x 1″H (102 x 64 x 26mm)
- Accessory IEC power entry + Mains switch available
PM12 12V Power Supply is a low-noise linear power supply providing symmetric voltage outputs, aka “split rails”, to power opamps, discrete circuitry and switching circuitry. As a linear supply, PM12 is cleaner, quieter and more environmentally friendly than a modern switch-mode power supply (SMPS). An SMPS may appear less expensive, but its modules generate noise and require costly noise filtering.
Kit notes show schematic, board layout, mounting and wiring.
In a tube amp, PM12 is added as an auxiliary supply and can use the existing mains wiring and switch. If you are building a stand-alone unit where PM12 is the main power supply, add the PM12-AC accessory package to have the IEC power entry connector and the DPDT mains switch.
Available Variations of 12V Power Supply (select above):
PM12-6: DIY 6W version, includes PCB, parts, mounting hardware; notes; requires assembly and installation
PM12-6: Assembled 6W version, includes parts mounted on PCB, mounting hardware; notes; requires installation
PM12-12: DIY 12W version, includes PCB, parts, mounting hardware; notes; requires assembly and installation
PM12-12: Assembled 12W version, includes parts on PCB, mounting hardware; notes; requires installation
PM12-AC: Power entry socket + mains switch + mounting hardware
Questions about the PM-12? Join the discussion of this product on The Ultimate Tone Forum!